Part 3 continues the series of posts taken from my interview by a PR student working on a course paper.
What would be the best way to prepare for a job in the public relations field?
The best ways to prepare for a job in the public relations field are to:
- Pursue a bachelor’s degree in the field
- Join the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) while in college
- Maintain a least a 3.0. GPA
- Participate in practicum experiences and internships during your sophomore, junior and senior years
- Attend all internship and career fairs offered on campus and at other schools
- Read PR-related publications
- Read PR-related blogs
- Ask a PR professional to serve as your mentor
- Master all of the fundamentals of the PR profession (including writing, strategic thinking and project management)
Do you agree with this list? Is there anything I’ve forgotten?