If you are new to social media, it can be overwhelming. It’s new, it changes every day and its impact and effectiveness are often difficult to measure. So how can someone interested in building his or her personal brand do so using social media?
Following is a simple game plan:
- Subscribe to blogs and websites that specialize in social media (http://thesocialmediaguide.com.au/, for example)
- Determine what goals you want to achieve with social media
- Establish social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Determine how often you will post to your social media accounts (I aim for posting daily for no more than 10 minutes)
- Develop and maintain a chart to plan and track your posts (e-mail me at [email protected] for an example)
- Develop and maintain a chart to track your social media engagement (e-mail me at [email protected] for an example)
- Develop a plan to promote your social media sites (for example, include the social media site addresses in your e-mail signature, on your blog and/or on your website)
- Build your base of social media friends, connections and followers and interact with them
What game plan did you use to get started with social media? How do you stay on top of your social media game?