In the Loop with Linnie has been a work in progress for quite some time. I decided to take the leap, since I have a lot to say. Don’t believe me? Just ask my family and friends. I hope you will agree that what I have to say is valuable, and if you do find the information valuable, I hope you will take a few minutes to let me know.
I have many nieces and nephews. The one who intrigues me the most, however, is my four-year-old niece, Aubrey. She is at the age where she is asking the age-old question: Why? I am tempted to respond, “Because I said so,” but my sister (Aubrey’s mother) has taught me that that response is not appropriate. I must add that Aubrey is very smart, well behaved and loving. She is not being sassy when she asks the question. She is simply trying to learn. I get that – and I love it.
In anticipation of you asking me “why,” I will be proactive and simply tell you 10 things about me up front.
- My first name rhymes with “Hiney” – not “Penny.” Or try “Line-knee.” My name is very special to me. Why? Because it is the first name of my late paternal grandmother. My middle name – which I will share with you after we get to know one another better – was that of my late maternal grandmother.
- This blog will focus on several topics, including diversity, entrepreneurship, executive services, fundraising, leadership, marketing, public relations, social media and current events related to these particular areas. Why? I have many years of experience in these areas and believe I have good insight into them.
- You will see a few “Dorisisms” in my blog posts. Why? Doris is my mom, and she is very wise. Because a few of her “isms” may confuse you, I’ll be sure to translate them for you.
- Institutions of higher education, associations, nonprofit organizations, small businesses and government agencies may be the focus of many of my blog posts? Why? I have worked for these types of organizations and enjoy doing so. However, too many of them are woefully behind the curve when it comes to fundraising, marketing, public relations and social media.
- I love children. Why? Because I do not have any. I spoil them rotten and hand them back to their parents. I love the privilege and benefits of being an auntie and godmother!
- I love and respect truck drivers. Why? Because I am in love with and happily married to one. We will celebrate 14 years of marital bliss this year.
- Mediocrity makes me break out in hives. I don’t do well with mediocre people and mediocre thinking. Why? It’s simple. People – especially those we serve – deserve our best. When we do less than our best, it is a disservice. However, slackers help high-performers to shine even brighter, so there is a silver lining.
- Virginia really is for lovers. Why? I was born and raised in the commonwealth and consider it a great place to live.
- Reading is among my favorite things to do. Why? I find it difficult to pass up on the great books written by Eric Jerome Dickey, E. Lynn Harris, J.D. Robb, Nora Roberts, Kimberla Lawson Roby, Danielle Steel and Carl Weber.
- Establishing my own business was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Why? Because the sky is the limit, and you get to implement initiatives that you have only dreamed of. Also, you have an opportunity to help others and make a difference. The best part? You get to explore what it really means to control your own destiny.
I look forward to this journey. Thank you for joining me on this leg of it!
Now it’s your turn! Please share something about yourself with us.