9 Tips for Successful Virtual Meetings
Considering that communication is the lifeblood of many organizations – especially virtual companies – it is important that meetings be conducted and facilitated effectively and efficiently.
I use the following tips for my virtual meetings with clients and associates, so the meetings go smoothly. (I usually meet with them via Skype or conference call). Without structure and ground rules, you will have chaos and, as a result, frustrated participants.
- Send the meeting agenda and access instructions to all meeting invitees via
- Know in advance who plans to attend the meeting
- Have the printed list of invitees and meeting agenda in front of you during the call
- Use the list of invitees to do a roll call (call each person’s name one by one and ask him or her to indicate if they are on the call)
- Ask everyone to hold their questions until after each agenda item has been covered or until the end of the meeting
- Proceed with the meeting agenda
- Give each person an opportunity to ask questions, make comments, etc. at the end of each agenda item or at the end of the meeting
- Review the action items, persons responsible and deadlines after questions and comments
- Thank everyone for attending the meeting
What are some tips that you find helpful when holding virtual meetings?